The Security Council needs to take measures to ensure:
1. Civilian protection in all areas including those under EDF, ENDF, and ASF
2. Humanitarian truce (cessation of hostilities) and humanitarian access direct to Tigray without interference or control from warring parties
3. Removal of invading forces and imposition of an arms embargo on Eritrea and Ethiopia
4. Access to the International Commission of Human Rights Experts on Ethiopia to all parts of the country, including Tigray.
5. Accountability of perpetrators and reparations for victims.
Dr. Mehari Tadele Maru, professor at European University Institute